How to Prepare for a Hurricane
Hurricane Florence view from Space
Hurricane season is fast approaching. Here are some tips on how to better prepare yourself for a hurricane or large storm.
- Listen to NOAA Weather alerts to stay informed.
- Regularly prune dead branches from trees and cut down any dead trees in order to minimize damage.
- Prepare a disaster kit and a first aid kit and store it in an easily accessible location.
- Put documents, valuables and clothing in water proof bags.
- Store at least 1 gallon of water per person per day for at least 5 days.
- Store at least a 5 day supply of non-perishable food.
- Make sure you have a flash light.
- Extra Batteries.
- Manual can opener.
- Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert.
- Reinforce doors and windows with wooden panels nailed down if you don’t have shutters.
- Bring inside any object that may be caught up by the wind. These items may become dangerous projectiles if not taken inside or secured.
- Bring pets inside and safely house them inside their pet carriers.
- Follow safety instructions on the radio or television.
- If evacuation orders are issued by authorities, act quickly.
- Switch off power supply and unplug electrical appliances.
- Limit any traveling. If you must go out, be sure to contact family or friends and let them know where you are going.
For more information on how to prepare for a hurricane, please visit https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes
Did you like these tips? Is there something you would like to add to the list? Leave a comment below with any additional tips or ideas. One can never be too prepared.
Emergency Ready Plan
Hurricane Season? It is almost around the corner and we are going to ensure our clients to make sure they are ready for this Hurricane Season in SERVPRO Miami Lakes. We have to start planning right now, not even closer to the date because it is essential for our clients’ business to be up running through these critical times. There is a study that nearly 50% of the business may never recover after a following disaster. Always having that pre-prepared mindset make the matter of a difference. Clients using SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile can definitely reduce significantly business interruption by having a plan in mind, as well can give our clients a key to a sensible mitigation.
Being prepared it is not only for the big things, but also small water leak, or even can have a full blown flood in the area. To learn from this, it is about being prepared and doing this beforehand. As our clients, we want to make sure they can answer the question if they can handle this storm and be ready what comes after it.
Clients ask what an emergency ready profile is. We used this Emergency Ready Profile for our clients to ensure their important information, the ability to start mitigation and recovery services will be rather quickly and of course, effectively. Clients using this free service can definitely impact to see the benefits that this company has done over 40 years for any natural or even mankind disasters.
There are more advantages for our clients to have this:
- There is no allocated funds at all.
- The completion will take away the clients’ essential times from their important duties.
- This can actually help the client minimize the time spent of their business that has been sedentary by having a plan of action.
- The client will already have someone in charge in case of any situations that can occur.
- As well the client can command us to start the job, and saves the business time and money
- With this emergency ready plan, the client will have easier access to the references whom they need to call after the disaster and be ready for what happens in their business.
Ask the SERVPRO Miami Lakes Representatives right away to start the FREE Emergency Ready Plan Profile. We are here to help the community. Let us help you prevent any inactivity in your business.