Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Property owners may not deal with mold damage frequently, but luckily, we do. SERVPRO of Miami Lakes team tackles mold damage regularly. Our technicians are IICRC certified and are trained through continuous education every month. One of the most common types of mold damage we find in properties is located in entryways. Typically, entryways tend to gather moisture from weather, clothing, and shoes. Mopping up water right away and keeping mats clean and dry will deter mold growth. Be careful and keep an eye out for this problem. Contact our office to speak with a technician regarding your mold concerns.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (305) 558-6211
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Miami Lakes for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Miami Lakes has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Miami Lakes
- Palm Springs North
- Miami Springs
- Hialeah Gardens
- Miami Gardens
- Pembroke Pines